Our StoryFebruary 21, 2023 2023-04-06 13:00
Midad is the culmination of more than 20 years of experience in expert Arabic instruction from educators who have worked at institutions such as Qasid in Jordan, ISM, ISAR, EDEP, Ibn Haldun University in Türkiye, and Al-Madina Institute in the USA.
Our work is multifaceted and innovative:
- Initiation and development of education programs: Midad staff has laid the groundwork for Arabic teaching at ISM, ISAR, EDEP, Ibn Haldun University in Türkiye, and Al-Madina Institute in the USA. All of these programs are running successfully and graduating hundreds of students annually.
- Teaching credentials: Midad’s staff and instructors enjoy more than 100 years of teaching hours at various universities and institutes.
- Curricula design and development: Midad’s staff has designed two Arabic education series for non-native speakers:
- Al-Arabiya lil Hayat walTurath (Arabic for Life and Culture). This series includes five books: from level novice low to level advanced low. The goal of this series is to merge between Arabic for daily life and Arabic for classical and theological studies in an engaging and absorbing atmosphere.
- Madinat Al-Arabiya (The City of Arabic): This series is oriented to non-native speaker children aged 8 to 10. Thus far, six demo books have been published and more are forthcoming.
- Publishing: The Midad team has authored and supervised many books in Arabic instruction for non-native speakers, including the following:
- Simplified and Abridged Kalila wa Dimna, published by ISAR.
- Simplified Majma’al-Amthal (A Collection of Parables), published by EDEP.
- The Common Collocations, published by ISAR.
- Simplified Selections from the Travels of Ibn Battuta (in production)
- Language Function-Based Lessons for Advanced Levels (in production)
- Cultural Texts for Advanced Levels (in production).
In addition to the above, Midad staff have organized and Participated in many international conferences in Türkiye, France, Qatar, United Arabic Emirates, and Jordan with more than 15 publications.