Basics of Writing Stories for ChildrenMarch 8, 2023 2023-03-27 12:01
Basics of Writing Stories for Children
Presenter biography: Ms. Batol Hudayfa earned her Bachelor’s degree in Language Management and Planning. She is a specialist in education and children’s literature and author of many books and publications.
The workshop covered the following themes:
- Writing purpose: Ms. Hudayfa summarized the goals of writing for children, such as developing new ideas or collecting information, and elaborated on the different types of writing, including poetry, stories, and plays. She also explained the different purposes of writing, such as convincing readers of a statement or announcing something to them.
- Types of stories: The workshop covered different types of stories, such as tales, anecdotes, legends, and adventures.
- Inspiration for writing: Guidance was provided on finding inspiration for writing, such as personal experiences or current events.
- Cultural representation in stories: Ms. Hudayfa emphasized the importance of reflecting culture in stories and how stories can spread culture worldwide.
- Pre-writing background: Ms. Hudayfa explained the points writers should consider before beginning the writing process, such as defining the target audience and their interests.
- Age categories: The importance of identifying the targeted age category and selecting appropriate topics, word count, story rhythm, and tools was discussed.
- Time: Guidance was provided on choosing the appropriate time period for a story.
- Points of view and narration types: The workshop covered the different ways to narrate a story, such as first-person narrative or multiple voices.
- Titles: Different types of titles and the characteristics of a good title were discussed during the workshop.